PrePRO is a once-a-week pre swim team practice, meant to bridge the gap between lessons and team.
Choose PrePRO if… you are new to PSA and have a swim team caliber student who is only ready for once-a-week 45 minute practices. All currently enrolled PSA students will receive a special invitation by mail once they are a PROficient River Dolphin—watch for yours!
What does Pre-PRO teach?
- Social Skills: child is learning with other children, by watching peers attempt skills and by politely sharing class time and space with them
- Increased Teamwork: child is learning what it means to be on a team: respecting a coach, working with teammates, and personal responsibilities
- Increased Confidence: child’s comfort level is established enough to grow independence and his/her want to try new things
- Increased Perseverance: child is learning to push him/herself to achieve high standard
- Increased Safety: child’s understanding of boundaries and safety rules is growing; child is safer with the knowledge of how to tread and increased endurance
- Increased Fitness: child is enjoying exercise and understands the importance of his/her health
- Increased Knowledge and Love of the Sport: child learns to identify swimming as a sport, instead of solely a life skill
- Preparation for a Lifetime Swimmer: child learns about what he/she wants his/her next step to beIf